Skip to main content

Waste collections have been disrupted in recent weeks and we are sorry for the inconvenience. See the Somerset Waste Partnership website for service updates.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and information

Benefits change of circumstances

It's very important that you tell us about any changes in circumstances relating to you or anyone in your household as soon as they happen.

This is to make sure you don't lose money, or get too much money that you'll have to pay back.

Examples of changes you should tell us about are:

  • change of address
  • income and capital changes - such as wage increases, starting a new job, savings going up and down
  • changes in your household - someone moving in or out
  • rent changes - your rent goes up or down
  • tenants moving out - if you're a landlord

Making a new claim

Check if you are already getting one of these six benefits:

  • Housing benefit
  • Income support
  • Child tax credit
  • Working tax credit
  • Employment and support allowance (income-related)
  • Jobseekers’ allowance (income-based)

If your situation changes, and you have to make a new claim for one of the benefits, and you are of working age you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit.

We will update your records in line with the new Council Tax year.

This means that the first Council Tax bill we send will not include the changes you are reporting. We will send you another bill showing the correct details by 31 March. Please complete the online form.