Your local council and this website will be changing from the 1 April 2023 - Read more about the changes here
Household Support Fund
The Somerset Household Support Fund is funded by the Department for Work and Pensions and administered by Somerset County Council.
The fund is designed to provide short-term financial support to vulnerable households which are struggling to afford household essentials this winter. These households will need help with the cost of food, energy, water bills and other essentials.
To be eligible:
- You must live in the county of Somerset
- You will be over the age of 16 and living independently of parents or carers
- You are struggling to pay for essentials because you don’t have enough money to pay for them
- You can provide the required proof of your identity, Somerset residency and proof of your income (the most recent, last month’s, bank statement)
- The website form is available 24 hours a day, and by using this to make your application you will help us manage the scheme effectively.
More information can be found on the Somerset County Council website.