You must be registered to vote by 26 November if you want to vote in the general election on the 12 December. Remember, you only need to register once, not for every election.

Housing benefit appeals

When we've made a decision about your Housing Benefit, we'll tell you how much it will be.

If you disagree with our decision

You can ask us to look at it again, if you think we're wrong. You must get in touch with us within one month of the date on your decision letter. You must send us any extra information to back up your case. You can also contact us to talk it over using the online general enquiries form.

We can then decide to:

  • change our decision - if so, we'll let you know
  • stand by our decision - we'll explain why we believe the decision is right

If you still disagree with our decision, you have the right to ask for this to be looked at by a special, independent hearing called a tribunal. This is your appeal.

You can choose whether you want a spoken hearing or a hearing based on paper documents. The tribunal (normally one legally qualified person) will make a decision on your appeal.

If you want to appeal against a Council Tax Support decision, go to appeal against your Council tax bill.