Community Governance Review for Taunton
Somerset West and Taunton Council has conducted a review to decide on changes to existing local governance arrangements in the Taunton area.
During the process the Council engaged with local residents, business owners and organisations that are within the area of scope of the review. The first stage of consultation closed on 12 January 2022. The Council considered all of the feedback it received during the first stage of consultation and made draft recommendations for the second stage of consultation, which were approved by the Council on 3 March 2022.
These were then subject to a further period of consultation which commenced on 14 June 2022 and ran for six weeks, closing on 27 July 2022. The results of this consultation and the final recommendations were published and considered by SWT and SCC Councillors in September and October, when the Councils approved the creation of a new town council for Taunton and changes to local governance arrangements. The County Council in accordance with the (Local Government (Structural Changes) (Transitional Arrangements) Regulations 2008) thus made the Re-Organisation Order to give effect to these recommendations.
In accordance with Section 96 (4)-(6) of the 2007 Act both Somerset County Council and Somerset West and Taunton Council have copies of the Re-organisation Order available at both of their principal offices for public inspection, alongside a map which shows the effects of the order.
Full information about the review including the terms of reference and a timetable can be found below;
- Decision Notice - Community Governance Review of the unparished area of Taunton
- Terms of Reference (which includes the indicative timetable)
- Chief Executive Officer Decision - Amendment to the Terms of Reference for the Community Governance Review of Taunton and surrounding parishes, specifically the Timetable 23 February 2022
- Stage 1 Consultation Document
- Map of the area under review
- Map of the proposed option of the Working Group approved at Council 3 March 2022
- Community Governance Review Stage 2
If you have any queries on this matter please contact: email@example.com