Community Chest Fund
With crisis, comes opportunity. This year inspiring action has been powered by you, our community, and because of that The Community Chest Fund has been launched to support groups who are helping us to recover from the effects of COVID19.
Community Chest grants will support people working right at the beating heart of their community. It is important to us to provide vital financial aid to sustainable initiatives and support the continued efforts of local spirit.
Community groups in the Somerset West and Taunton area who are making a positive local impact can apply for Community Chest grants of up to £7,500.
Community overcomes crisis.
The Community Chest Scheme will support one-off initiatives that are:
- supporting COVID19 recovery
- seen as valuable to the area
- are not able to secure mainstream funding from the Council or other sources
One-off grants of up to £7,500, usually not exceeding 75% of the total actual costs are available, ie the group will need to find at least 25% from their own or other sources, which can include in kind contribution eg volunteer hours.
Priority will be given to:
- projects submitted by small community groups, defined as having an income of less than £10,000 per year and no paid staff
- initiatives that will help community groups to become sustainable in the longer term
- initiatives that will help the community to recover from the effects of COVID19
- groups who have not received a grant/other funding from the Council
projects aligned to SWT Corporate Priorities
Projects will normally expect to hear an outcome from their application within two weeks.
Applications of this fund have now closed
Share this page