Please be aware that our Customer Service Department will not be available from 12:30pm on Friday 24th September for essential training. Our phone lines will open again at 8am and our Customer Hubs will open at 8:30am on Monday 27th September.
Opening up Safely and Reconnecting Communities Fund
Open 1 September and closing 30 September 2021
The underlying aims for the fund are to support:
- Opening Up Safely – to make community facilities COVID-19 secure
- Reconnecting Communities – recognising that some people will have been very isolated and may be concerned about mixing again and so encouraging / supporting them to get out safely and into activities
List of eligible items in terms of opening up safely is expected to largely include:
- Provision of increased cleaning and cleaning equipment
- hand sanitiser
- COVID-19 signage / posters
- other resources needed to support infection control measures in parish and town facilities
For guidance for the safe use of council buildings and community facilities visit:
- Gov.uk - Covid-19 guidance for the safe use of council buildings
- Gov.uk - Covid-19 guidance for the safe use of multi purpose community facilities
- Spark Somerset Covid Confident Communities
All other Towns and Parishes in SWT - please contact Somerset Association of Local Councils email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of initiatives to help people reconnect include:
- Projects to support and promote safe social interaction at community level e.g. coffee mornings, outdoor activities and small-scale community events
- Projects which promote the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Projects which help to address health inequalities and improve lives of vulnerable or less advantaged groups are particularly encouraged
We are keen to support applications which:
- Provide support to those disproportionately impacted (e.g. vulnerable groups, BAME, older people or those with pre-existing health conditions who were previously isolating)
- Promoting equality and inclusion and fostering good relations
- Considering sustainability where it is an ongoing initiative including how the project will be funded in the future.
Evidence of benefit, addressing local need and partner support will all be considered as part of the assessment process.