Community Governance Review for Taunton
Somerset West and Taunton Council is currently carrying out a review to decide on changes to existing local governance arrangements in the Taunton area, including whether or not a new town or parish council or councils should be set up in those parts of Taunton where they don’t currently exist.
During this process we want to hear from local residents, business owners and organisations that are within the area of scope of the review. The first stage of consultation closed on 12 January 2022.
The Council has considered all of the feedback it received during the first stage of consultation and has made draft recommendations for the second stage of consultation, which it did on 3 March 2022.
These will then be subject to a further period of consultation which will commenced on 14 June 2022 and ran for six weeks. The results of this consultation and the final recommendations will be published and considered by SWT and SCC Councillors in September and October.
Full information about the review including the terms of reference and a timetable can be found below;
- Terms of Reference (which includes the indicative timetable)
- Chief Executive Officer Decision - Amendment to the Terms of Reference for the Community Governance Review of Taunton and surrounding parishes, specifically the Timetable 23 February 2022
- Stage 1 Consultation Document
- Map of the area under review
- Map of the proposed option of the Working Group approved at Council 3 March 2022
- Community Governance Review Stage 2
If you have any queries on this matter please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org