Skip to main content

Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and advice

Report a move or a change of circumstances

You need to tell us when:

  • You move into, within or out of the area
  • Something changes which may affect how we deliver services to you or your entitlement to support or benefits

Changes may include:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Number of people living at the address
  • Income 
  • Health

This list is not exhaustive.

Changes may affect:

  • Amount of Council tax you pay
  • Amount of business rates you pay
  • Amount of housing benefit or Council tax support you receive
  • Housing

This list is not exhaustive.

If you are a landlord, estate agent or letting agent

You can use the online form to report changes such as:

  • House purchases and details of the new owner
  • New tenancies
  • Tenancies ending and people moving out

Report a death

Initially, you should register a death with the Registrar within five days.

The registrar will give you a reference number to use the government’s Tell Us Once service which reports the death to us and other government services all in one go.