Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and advice

Recycling and waste collections after the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday 25 May will all be one day later. Check the Somerset Waste Partnership website for details

Moving or change of circumstances

If you’ve just moved in to the area or if you are moving within or out of the area you can let us know by completing the report a move or a change of circumstances online form.

If you are on a low income and get a Council Tax bill, you should claim Council Tax Support.

If your council tax circumstances change, you must tell us. Changes could include:

  • Moving out of your current home
  • A change of address
  • A partner moves in or out
  • Something which affects an award of a discount or exemption

You can report a change by completing the online form below.

If you are getting a discount or reduction, you must tell us straight away about any change that could affect your discount or reduction. If you do not tell us about a change within 21 days, you could be liable for a penalty of £70.

We will update your records in line with the new Council Tax year.

This means that the first Council Tax bill we send will not include the changes you are reporting. We will send you another bill showing the correct details by 31 March. Please complete the online form.