Doing business with the Council
The main function of our procurement service is to:
- lead on centrally let corporate contracts
- provide support to all tendering and contract award activity
- provide strategic advice and market information to managers
- be the custodian of the Procurement Strategy and related policies
- ensure procurement takes place in accordance with UK and EU procurement rules and with our own Contract Standing Orders
All contracts are tendered and awarded according to UK and EU procurement rules and with our own Contract Standing Orders. They lay down procedures for placing orders, obtaining quotations and tenders and awarding contracts. They're designed to ensure that:
- proper procedures are followed
- the tendering and selection process is open, fair and transparent
- contract documentation includes certain essential terms and conditions
- the Council fulfils its duty of delivering best value for its council tax payers and excellent outcomes for its service users
We use the ProContract system provided by Proactis as its e-tendering solution. This can be accessed by suppliers via Supplying the Southwest portal.
All contract opportunities are advertised via the portal with the requirements of most of the local authorities in the Southwest.
You will be able to see the latest opportunities on the portal when you register. You will also get alerts and more information, be able to download the documentation and submit responses for any advertised opportunity.