Skip to main content

In memory of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh

Harbour moorings

Here you will find more information about the harbour regulations and how to apply for a harbour mooring or a slipway permit.

If you want to put your name down on the waiting list for a mooring.

Please contact the harbour master by email or phone: 07799456128

We also provide a copy of the harbour rules.

If you want to apply for an annual slipway permit, please complete the slipway form.

All mooring holders must be insured to cover third party claims when in the harbour or parked on any property owned or managed by Somerset West and Taunton Council.

Boat owners must, by law, have effective ways of controlling any oil spills that may happen when bunkering. You must take particular care when you discharge bilges that might contain oil substances.

You must notify us of any change of vessel on a harbour mooring. Moorings are not transferable.
If want to move your vessel, you must first get permission from the harbour master. If they agree to the move, you must apply to us.

If you already have a mooring and want to renew it, you can complete the Renew a Harbour Mooring Licence form.

If you are granted a mooring it’s for your use only. If a mooring has not been used by the authorised person for 12 months the mooring will be considered vacant. The Harbour Master can move the mooring to the next suitable candidate (by length or width of boat) on the waiting list.

Minehead Sailing Club sometimes has vacant moorings. If you are interested in applying for one of their moorings, contact the Club Secretary on 01643 702074.

You must contact the manager at Watchet Marina on 01984 631264 for moorings at the marina.

Porlock Manor Estate deals with moorings at Porlock Harbour. Contact Porlock harbour master on 01643 863187.