Community employment hubs
Community Employment Hubs are up and running in Watchet, Minehead and Williton, Stogursey and Dulverton.
Community Employment Hubs offer support including:
- help with searching and applying for work
- support with completing application forms and CVs
- top tips on preparing for interviews
- access to IT facilities
- West Somerset Advice Service
Sessions will run every:
- Tuesday 9:30am-12.30pm at ‘The River’ Williton’s Children’s Centre 01984 635980
- Wednesdays (fortnightly) 9.30am-12pm ‘The Well’, at The Greyhound, Lime Street, Stogursey 01278 732490
- Thursday 9.30am-12.30pm at The Sanctuary in Watchet 01984 248169
- First Thursday of the month, 10am – 12.30pm ‘The Valley’, at Dulverton Library, Fore Street, Dulverton 0300 123 2224
- Friday 9.30am – 12.00pm at The Bridge’ @The Hub, Alcombe, Minehead 01643 707598
Could you help and support people in your community towards work? If the answer’s yes, you could be just the valuable volunteer we need to help with our Community Employment Hubs.
The Employment Hubs focus on offering practical advice such as CV writing, searching and applying for work, how to deal with online application forms, help with interviews and signposting people to agencies if they are having problems finding a job.
You need the desire to help others, general life experiences, as well as the enthusiasm to motivate people and raise their confidence and self-esteem. If you can spare some time you could be just the volunteer we value.