Community employment hubs
The Employment Hubs are a free employment support service covering Taunton, West Somerset and Wellington. Your pathway towards work!
Our friendly team can help you with:
- Guidance on opportunities for learning, training and work
- Confidence building to return to work
- Help with job applications, covering letters, CVs and interview skills
- Funding to access employment and learning opportunities (e.g transport, PPE and books)
- Referral for further support including IT, Citizens Advice, apprenticeship advice, Citizens Advice and positive mental health
- Links to volunteer work
- Identify any other barriers that stop you from progressing
- Regular one to one support for as long as you need it
When COVID-19 guidelines allow us to meet face to face you can come visit a hub in
- Taunton –Priorswood, Halcon and Albemarle Centre
Opening times will be advertised here as soon as our Hubs are back open.
For support, a chat and a virtual cup of tea you can phone or email us
Follow our community Facebook page for jobs, training and information @communityemploymenthubs
Could you help and support people in your local community towards work? If the answer’s yes, you will need the desire to help others, have general life experiences, as well as the enthusiasm to motivate people and raise their confidence and self-esteem. If you can spare some time you could be just the volunteer we value at any of our hub locations as listed above.
Volunteering roles on offer:
- one to one support
- meet and greet
- making tea/coffee
The Employment Hubs focus on offering one to one practical support such as CV writing, searching and applying for work, how to deal with online application forms, help with interviews and signposting to other agencies for further help and support.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org