Hinkley housing projects
Funding provided by EDF Energy to reduce the impact of the new nuclear power station is being used to help local people find a home.
With our local partners we are using the money to provide a range of initiatives. These include:
- grants, loans and property management to bring empty properties back into use
- grants for landlords to improve the standard of rented accommodation
- grants to support people rent out a room
- loans to help people with the cost of buying their first home
- help for people to downsize in the social rented sector
- becoming an accredited landlord
We work with lots of agencies throughout Somerset and are partners in the Somerset West Landlord and Tenants scheme (SWeLT). This offers information on the Hinkley housing initiatives and advice and guidance on local housing.