Hinkley Point C supply chain
EDF Energy and local partners have been working together to make sure that Somerset businesses are given the chance to be part of the supply chain needed for the new nuclear power investment at Hinkley Point.
South West businesses can register their interest on the Hinkley Supply Chain website.
Benefits of registering
Hinkley Point C is a multi-billion pound project. Investment is planned in the nuclear reactors, as well as in construction and civil engineering works and business services.
The biggest opportunities for local businesses are in supplying the site services contracts. They range from florists to fabricators, taxi-drivers to technicians, accommodation providers to advanced engineers.
Most of the local companies who have already won contracts have formed consortia. A group of local food and drink companies created The Somerset Larder and successfully bid for an on-site catering contract.
By registering on the Hinkley Supply Chain Registration portal you can:
- make EDF Energy and its major contractors aware of your capabilities so they can match those to their needs
- register your interest in supplying the project and complete a short online form. Your capabilities will then be made available to EDF Energy and interested Tier 1 contractors
- keep up to date with the latest developments including build schedules and work package information
- access a library of reference material and training documents
- find information and contact details for business support partners to help you meet the quality and safety standards
- engage with others on technical and business training events and information days designed by the Hinkley Supply Chain team and its partners to help businesses get 'Hinkley Ready'
- meet one-to-one with Tier 1 contractors for the Hinkley Project through a series of Meet the Buyer events