We give you a welcome pack when you become one of our housing tenants. This is full of useful information so do make sure you keep it safe.
We want you to enjoy a successful tenancy so it’s important that you know what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
Tenant welcome pack
The pack includes information on:
- tips on moving home and checklists of things to do
- what we do before you move in – carrying out safety checks for example
- how to keep your home in good repair – such as cutting grass and hedges
- how to report a repair
- emergency repairs
- handy tips on simple home DIY – eg replacing light bulbs
- controlling condensation
- paying rent
- understanding your tenancy
- extra help you may need
- disabled facilities grants
- sheltered housing
- Deane Helpline
- moving on when you decide it’s time to find another home
- mutual exchanges
- the Right to Buy
- how to end your tenancy
New Somerset Council – Local Government Reorganisation
Dear SWT tenants and leaseholders,
You may have already heard about proposals for the reform of local government in Somerset, and will naturally have questions about how these changes might affect you.
From April 2023 Somerset’s five councils will be replaced by a single council delivering all council services to communities in the county.
You can find out more on the New Somerset Council website. You will also find some frequently asked questions to help you understand how the changes relate to tenants of Somerset West and Taunton Council.
There are many ways to ensure your views are heard. You can contact a member of our joint tenant steering group contact email@example.com or join the customer panel for the new council. Please do take the opportunity to have your say.
Cllr Fran Smith, Executive Member for Housing