Are you homeless or at risk of becoming homeless?
If you are already homeless or sleeping rough, please contact us immediately and see information on Rough Sleeping.
If you are a professional or organisation and have identified someone who may be homeless or at risk of homelessness, please refer them to us for assistance here Duty to Refer.
If you are at risk of becoming homeless, you should contact us immediately, so that we can work with you to avoid this from happening.
We can help if:
- you have been asked to leave your accommodation by family or friends you have been staying with
- you are already homeless, and you have nowhere to go
- you have been served notice by your landlord
- you cannot afford your rent, or your accommodation is in disrepair
- you are at risk of violence or harassment or feel unsafe
Please visit our Housing Advice section for more information on how we can help you.
You can contact us by registering for housing support and advice.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be able to monitor the progress of your case through our online customer portal, with the log-in credits you have created.
A member of the Homelessness team will contact you once you have completed registration for housing advice, and an appointment will be made to complete the initial assessment stage of your application with an officer.
You will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of identity e.g. valid passport or full birth certificate for all members of your household
- Proof of residency in the UK (if applicable)
- Proof of residence at the address you are having to leave e.g. a utility bill, tenancy agreement or Council Tax bill
- Proof of income e.g. wage slips, benefit entitlements and/or child benefit
- Last three months’ bank statements
- Any document confirming you need to leave your current address
You need to upload these documents onto your online application form so that your application can be processed quickly. Failure to do so may result in a delay.
If you have difficulties completing the online form, please contact us on 0300 304 8000 and we will talk you through the online application process.
Please call us between the hours of 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours, you will need to contact our out-of-hours service on 01823 368 244 from 5pm.
If you are a statutory organisation or support service and need to refer a client, please visit our Duty to Refer section.