Skip to main content

Disabled adaptations

We work in partnership with Somerset Independence Plus to provide grants to help towards the cost of adapting your home so that adults or children with physical disabilities can live as independent as possible. You will find more information about Disabled Facilities Grant equipment, advice or other types of adaptations on their website.

If you are not eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant, then you may be able to apply for a low interest loan offered through Lendology CIC.

For our own social housing, we also work with Somerset Independence Plus who can arrange for an Occupational Therapist to assess the eligibility of your needs and your council home for major adaptations to your property. Further information on how to engage with Somerset Independence Plus for advice on this is available through the Disabled Facilities Grant link.