Important: If you think there is a gas leak, turn off your gas supply on the appliance and at the meter.
Phone the National Grid on 0800 111999
- do not switch any electrical appliances off or on, including electrically operated door-entry systems
- open windows and doors to ventilate the property
- put out fires, naked flames and cigarettes
- do not light or strike any matches or lighters
- do not use any gas appliances until the gas repairer has told you it is safe to do so
- National Grid will try to trace the leak and carry out immediate repairs if they can be done easily. If more extensive work is needed, they will put a warning label on the faulty appliance
- you should tell us immediately if this happens. We will then do the repair as quickly as possible
National Grid will try to trace the leak and carry out immediate repairs if they can be done easily. If more extensive work is needed, they will put a warning label on the faulty appliance.
You should tell us immediately if this happens. We will then do the repair as quickly as possible.
You can check keeping your home in good repair for information that you are responsible for doing yourself.
If you’re our tenant you can use the request a housing repair online. This is available 24 hours a day.
Once your repair has been requested we will get in touch with you to make an appointment. This is usually within 48 hours.
If you need to report an emergency repair outside normal office hours please call 0300 304 8000.
Please note that emergency repairs have a standard 24 hour call out period, there must be a person over the age of 18 within the property until the appointment is completed. We cannot guarantee an exact time for attendance.
This service is only for real emergencies, eg no heating or hot water, a serious water or roof leak, a major loss of power or an insecure property. You should report any other repair during normal office hours or by using our online housing repair form.
If you are a leaseholder of a council flat, you can use this service to report repairs affecting shared parts of your block eg the roof, outside walls, shared stairs and lights.