Improving your home
You can make improvements to your home, but you must get permission first.
The types of improvements you can do include:
- installing a new bathroom or shower
- installing of a new kitchen
- change doors (internal or external)
- change or remove a gas fire
- removing walls
- putting up a conservatory
- altering lighting and power circuits
- changing fencing
- building ponds
You will be responsible for maintaining the improvements you make.
You need permission for installing a satellite dish.
You’re not allowed to open up old open fires or install a log burner.