Skip to main content

Your Council home’s condition

We have been made aware that a claims management company have been approaching local residents, looking for tenants who are unhappy with their home, the service they receive from SWT or those who have outstanding repairs. They promise a no win, no fee claim on the tenant’s behalf.

But these things are not always as straight forward as they seem, and we would ask you to be cautious if you are approached. At SWT we have repairs and complaints processes in place that you can access at any time, and can assure you that we will always act in your best interests. A claims management company or solicitor may not.

If you do decide to pursue a complaint or repair issue through a solicitor or claims management company, please ensure that they have ‘after the event’ insurance. If they do not, you may be issued with a legal bill to cover the court costs of an unsuccessful claim. The success of a claim may be influenced by whether SWT have been given the opportunity to resolve any issues with your property, and if you have already followed our complaints process.

To notify us of a repair issue please use the report a repair online form. (Please do not use the online report a repair online form for emergency repairs).

Alternatively please call 0300 304 8000 between 8.30am and 4.00pm Monday to Fridays. Calls after these times are directed to our out of hours service and only emergency attendance or repairs are attended to until the following working day at 8.30am.

To make a complaint please see our complaints page.

The Housing Ombudsman have some guidance about the condition of your property and our obligations as your landlord on their website which you may find helpful.

To obtain direct advice from the Housing Ombudsman, you can contact them by calling 0300 111 3000, emailing or by visiting the Housing Ombudsman website.