Since 2017, we have been working in partnership with residents and stakeholders in North Taunton on finding the best solution to manage the large concentration of Woolaway properties in the area.
Woolaway homes can suffer deterioration that may affect their life span and the Government has universally designated this house type as defective. However, these homes are still safe to live in.
Following Public Consultations, meetings with the Design Group and other partnership agencies, 3 final designs were created:
- Option 1 – Refurbish all Woolaway properties
- Option 2 – Refurbish and replace some Woolaway properties (potential for additional houses)
- Option 3 – Replace most and refurbish some Woolaway properties (potential for additional houses and community facility)
It was decided by the Council, stakeholders and residents within the development area that the preferred option was Option 3 – Replace most and refurbish some Woolaway properties.
In December 2018, the Council submitted Outline Planning Permission for the whole development as well as detailed Planning Permission for Phase A due to the development being constructed in stages.
Please note: at the Planning Committee meeting held on Wednesday 27 March 2019, Planning Permission was granted for both the Outline planning and Phase A applications.
We are working closely with tenants and homeowners within the development area and will be providing support throughout this project.
- Decant policy working version 6a
- Phase A new build homes booklet
- Guidance - How to buy a home Gov.uk website
(previously Taunton Deane Borough Council)