Case manager planning validation
Job Ref No: TRCMPV
Salary Grade D: £19,945 - £21,166 per annum
37 hours per week (varied working pattern)
Closing date for application forms: Monday 29 July at 5pm
Interview: Wednesday 7 August
You will be a technical professional who will work to deliver the national and local requirements of the validation function required to accept and determine planning applications. You will need to work closely with the Planning Case Managers and Planning Specialists.
You will need to be enthusiastic, a team player and have excellent communication skills.
Purpose of the role
To work with the Case Management Lead:
- to validate planning applications including checking submissions against national and local checklists and relevant guidance. You will be involved with checking accuracy of the drawings submitted and identifying statutory and non-statutory consultees
- you will be expected to provide information, guidance and advice as required to Councillors, applicants, developers and their agents, members of the public, local organisations and other Council departments on a wide range of planning matters
- ideally but not essential, you will have a good working knowledge of planning legislation and guidelines in relation to a range of planning applications, and be confident in communicating information to people.
- front line customer support for Planning, dealing with general enquiries from the General Public, Agents, Developments and other Government Agencies
- carry out or arrange to be carried out, appropriate discussions and negotiations with applicants, objectors, consultees or other interested parties. Ensure that interested parties are kept fully informed of the progress of the applications
For more information on the post, please contact HR 0300 304 8000
How to apply
To apply for this role, download and complete the application form and recruitment monitoring forms in line with the job description.
Completed application forms and recruitment monitoring forms should be emailed to email@example.com quoting the job reference number of the role you are applying for.
Please note we do not accept CVs.