Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: £34,723 - £36,298 (Grade G)
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Location: Deane Depot, Wellington
Job Ref: GMSG
Closing date for applications Wednesday 7 December 2022 at 9am
Interviews - 14 December 2022
Somerset West and Taunton Council have a great reputation for owning and managing some of the best parks in the country as shown in our successes in the Green Flag awards and South West in Bloom competition.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Parks and Open Spaces team who are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Grounds Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that all works within the ground’s maintenance areas are completed to the highest standard and your team work to the best of their abilities.
This role covers overseeing the day-to-day operations of the in-house ground’s maintenance team. Responsible for the team's health and safety, performance and seeking continuous improvement. You will liaise with our residents and key partners and stakeholders such as Friend of Parks groups and parish councils to deliver the best results.
This role requires a valid full Car Driving Licence (Category B) with no more than six points on it and it includes the use of a dedicated vehicle.
You will report directly to the Street Scene and Opens Spaces Manager with contracted hours of 37 hours per week working flexibly to deliver and support the business function and service delivery.
For further details of the role requirements, you should refer to the specific Job description. Interviews will take place on Friday, 18th November.
Please note that the successful candidate may need to undergo a DBS process.
For more information on the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please view our website and download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to email@example.com quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Job description and application form