Locality Champion Street Scene and Open Spaces
Salary: £22,777 - £24,054 (Grade D)
Hours: 37 hours per week (Full Time)
Location: Wellington (variable and flexible)
Job Ref: LCOSD
Closing date for applications Monday 6 February 2023 at 9am
Interviews w/c Monday 12 February 2023
Somerset West and Taunton Council is looking for a person to join its grounds maintenance team.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake grounds maintenance tasks such as grass cutting, strimming, clearance, basic gardening and waste clearance.
As a front facing member of the organisation, you will have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, as well as a willingness to work as a team towards a common goal. The successful applicant must be prepared to work across the Council’s grounds maintenance portfolio, including housing estates, formal parks, playing fields and crematorium and burial grounds.
Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that the post holder has a valid full Car driving licence (Category B) with no more than six points on it.
Please note that the successful candidate may need to undergo a DBS process.
For more information on the post, please contact email@example.com.
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please view our website and download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Job description and application form