Play Area Supervisor
Salary: £28,226 - £30,095 (Grade F)
Hours: Full Time (37 hours per week)
Location: Wellington Depot
Job Ref: PASF
Closing date for applications Monday 11 July 2022 at 9am
Interviews w/c Monday 18 July 2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to oversee the day-to-day management and development of all the play areas in the Somerset West and Taunton Council.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that all the work undertaken within the Play equipment portfolio is completed to the highest standard. As the Supervisor you will conduct routine checks of the work completed by your team. You will conduct 1-2-1 reviews and support your team through absences. You will be the first point of contact for all customer based escalations. You will ensure that your team adheres to all council policies and health and safety requirements. You will work with the other Supervisors to ensure a consistent service delivery. You report directly to the Open space’s manager.
For a detailed understanding of the role please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
The role will benefit someone with previous play inspection experience looking to further their career, or someone with previous project and man management experience seeking a new challenge. Additional training and support can be provided for the right candidate. You will be a part of a wider open spaces team that encompasses a wide range of grounds and open spaces management.
You will need a valid full Car driving license (Category B), with no more than six points on it.
Please note that the successful applicant may be required to undergo a DBS process.
For more information on the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please view our website and download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to email@example.com quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Job description and application form