RSI Assertive Outreach Case Manager x 2
Salary: £28,226 - £30,095 (Grade F)
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week
Contract: Fixed term; 1x 3-year and 1x 2-year (funding until April 2025)
Job Reference: RSIAO
Closing date for application forms: Thursday 18th August 2022 at 9am
Interview: Week commencing Monday 5th September 2022
Somerset West and Taunton has successfully secured funding under the Rough Sleeping Initiative to support central government's aim of ending rough sleeping by 2024. We require an Assertive Outreach Caseworker to deliver a high quality, person-centred, assertive outreach service. You will be part of a dedicated team, responsible for making contact with new, repeat and entrenched rough sleepers across the district.
We are seeking an experienced and committed full time Assertive Outreach Caseworker to join our RSI Team.
You will be expected to develop and maintain positive working relationships with partner agencies, voluntary sector organisations as well as our own housing options team to achieve the best outcomes for our customers whilst maintaining our “No First Night Out” approach.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting complex need individuals into suitable accommodation and providing the intensive support required to maintain the accommodation to prevent a return to rough sleeping.
The successful candidate will:
- Take responsibility for a varied caseload of customers
- Keep complete and accurate records at all times and participate in the setting and monitoring of standards
- Identify and build relationships with individuals who are sleeping rough using inter-agency outreach sessions and regular visits to local agencies / venues
- Carry out needs and risk assessments with individuals verified as sleeping rough to secure access to services which are suitable for their immediate needs
- Identify barriers which make it difficult for individuals to access services and find solutions to overcome them
- Make appropriate referrals in partnership with your customers to establish a sustainable life away from the streets as quickly as possible
- Work in close partnership with a range of accommodation providers, colleagues, Councillors, commissioners and external stakeholders
- Respond to reports of cases of rough sleeping in the district
- Offer support and advice around reconnections and where relevant, make single service offers
- Give customers advice, information and provide an enabling service so that they can access appropriate services
- Liaise with relevant agencies and, with the agreement of your customers, act as an advocate with those agencies on their behalf
- Support the delivery of the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol in accordance with local policy
- Implement working protocols with relevant agencies that will allow information sharing and joint working to benefit the customer
- Positively promote the service to external agencies and the relevant statutory bodies
- Work flexibly and cohesively with the wider RSI team
In this role you will be required, on occasion, to assist the RSI team with activities such as but not limited to statutory and spotlight street counts and any other area where the service demands it. There will be, on occasion, some working of unsocial hours and the need to walk a number of miles in all weather conditions.
For more information on the post, please contact email@example.com
Benefits of working with the Council:
- Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please view our website and download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Job Description & Application Form