Senior Case Manager – Customer Resolution
Salary: Grade G - £32,798 – £34,373
Hours: 37 Per Week
Location: Taunton (variable & flexible)
Job Reference: SCMCR
Closing date for application forms: Monday 27 June 2022 at 9am
Interview: Thursday 7 July 2022
The Housing Performance team provides a crucial support role to the Housing Directorate Management. The Team use customer opinion and performance data to ensure Housing Services meet the needs of customers.
The post holder will lead on the successful delivery of a complaints handling service that reflects the Housing Ombudsman’s code of practice. This role is an opportunity for us to better understand and improve the quality of our service across the whole directorate. The successful candidate will facilitate the implementation of complaint projects and continuous improvement of complaint handling across the Housing Service. You will need to get actively involved in more complex or escalated complaints or ombudsman cases. This will require excellent empathy and understanding skills as well as methodical, inquisitive, and thorough response writing. This post holder will also line manage the Case Manager complaints and oversee the smooth functioning of the complaints case work in the Housing Directorate.
A key element of the role is the completion of complaints projects, ongoing work to meet the Housing Ombudsman Complaints Handling Code and the requirements of the Housing White Paper (A New Deal for Social Housing). The complaints project work includes:
- An annual report to our Tenants Strategic Group
- A weekly report to our Management Team
- Creation of a complaints policy and processes within housing
- Ongoing root cause analysis of trends, learning from complaints, and embedding the culture of change
- Migration of complaints process from one software application to another
Please note: a generic job description for a Senior Case Manager in the Council is attached; however, for the role of ‘Senior Case Manager – Complaints’ we will expect candidates to be able to demonstrate, through their application and interview, the experience and attributes to undertake the following requirements:
Specific Requirements of Role:
- Strong communication both verbally and written, ability to handle challenging conversations
- It would be a distinct advantage to have experience of ombudsman case investigation and compilation of responses (experience in relation to
- insurance case handling would also be advantageous in the absence of ombudsman experience)
- Experience of complaint handling in a previous role
- Confident in planning and prioritisation of workload, demonstrating flexible approach, delivering to deadline
- The post holder will need to have or be able to develop knowledge of Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code and the social housing white
- Keen eye for detail, methodical, and thorough
- Monitor and provide performance data to Senior Leadership Team as required
- Trend analysis to identify root causes of complaints, capturing learning and providing early intervention to reduce escalation
- Support the delivery of complaint handling training to housing colleagues
- Deputise for the Case Management Leads within the team on matters relating to Housing complaints
- Most importantly you will bring with you an enthusiasm about how you will shape this role to ensure that each complaint is listened to, understood, properly considered, appropriately responded to and learnt from.
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to undergo a DBS process.
This role requires the post holder to hold a valid full Car driving licence (Category B) with no more than six points on it.
For more information on the post, please contact Recruitment on email@example.com
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please view our website and download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Job description and application form