Specialist - Rural Housing Enabler
Job Ref: SRHE
Location: Dulverton (Exmoor National Park Authority Office)
Salary: Grade H £13,970 to £14,715 per annum (full time equivalent £36,922 to £38,890 per annum)
Contract: Fixed term contract for 3 years
Hours: 14 hours per week (part time)
Closing date for application forms: 5 October 2020 at 9am
Interviews: w/c 12 October 2020
We are looking for a Rural Housing Enabler for Exmoor to work as part of the team of Development Enablers at Somerset West and Taunton Council.
This post will work closely with officers at Exmoor National Park Authority, local communities and community groups to support the delivery of affordable housing for local people on Exmoor. The post will provide specialist knowledge and expertise and work with key partners such as Housing Associations, parish councils and other stakeholders on all aspects of scheme delivery.
We are seeking applicants who have experience of working with communities and the affordable housing sector and have evidence of project management and negotiating skills.
This is an opportunity to shape a new role and make a difference to local people on Exmoor.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Embed affordable rural housing delivery pipeline across Exmoor to deliver low carbon energy efficient affordable homes.
- Work with landowners, agents and Housing Providers to identify and deliver suitable development sites compliant with the ENPA planning policies and meet an identified housing need.
- Lead and manage the Exmoor Rural Housing Network.
- Support local communities to identify affordable housing solutions within existing affordable housing opportunities.
- Support custom/self-builders with a local affordable housing need and liaising closely with local community groups/ individuals to ensure a package of comprehensive support is provided.
- Share experience and good practice gained through Exmoor Self Build/Custom Build projects and Community Led Housing to inform a districtwide.
- Provide advice to ENPA on Affordable Housing Market intelligence including affordability criteria on rent levels and sale values.
- Provide recommendations to ENPA on affordable housing local connection compliance.
This post is a fixed term contract for an initial 3 year period.
For more information on the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working with the Council
The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this. The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business. The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave. Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals. Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times. A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please view our website and download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to email@example.com quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Job Description and Application Form