Apply for a local authority search
You can apply for a Local Authority Search by:
- post or email. Post or email to us forms LLC1 and CON29, including 2 copies of a plan clearly showing edged red, the property or land that requires searching. You can also apply for just an LLC1 or a CON29 separately if required. These forms are available from solicitors or any legal stationers. Use form CON29O if you need to ask a wider variety of questions
- electronically: You can submit your search request through the National Land Information Service (NLIS) website
- local search request form
You can also apply for a search. You will need to provide a copy of a plan clearly showing edged red, the property or land that requires searching.
Fees 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
Costs includes Vat unless exempt
- LLC1 - £9 (exempt)
- CON29 - £114.00
- full search - £123.00
- CON290, each question - £8.64
- each additional parcel of land - £12.36
- solicitor’s own enquiry - £12.36
- standalone CON290 questions - £8.64
Ways to pay
Use your internet banking service to make a payment to us. Quote 'LC' followed by the first line of the address and the post code.
Our bank details are:
Account name: SWT General Account
Account number: 70853673
Sort Code: 60 – 80 – 06
If you have a debit or credit card, use our 24/7 automated phone payment service on 0300 304 8000. Quote 'LC' followed by the first line of the address and the post code.