Skip to main content

Your local council and this website will be changing from the 1 April 2023 - Read more about the changes here

Currently licensed animal businesses

A number of animal businesses are required to be licensed by their local authority under the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) 2018. Activities requiring a licence under these regulations include animal boarding (commercial kennels, catteries and home boarders), dog day care, dog breeding, selling of animals as pets (pet shops), hiring of horses and the keeping and training of animals for exhibition.

List of businesses currently licensed by Somerset West and Taunton.

If you are aware of a local business engaging in licensable activities in the Somerset West and Taunton area and which is not included on this list, you can report this by using the general enquiries online form or calling 0300 304 8000.