Skip to main content

Gaming machines on licensed premises

If you run a premises licensed to sell alcohol, you can provide gaming machines on your premises.

You can provide up to two by submitting a notification or to have more than two, apply for a licensed premises gaming machine permit. You can have have Category C or D gaming machines.

You can find information on the various gaming machine categories on the Gambling Commission website.

Apply for licence or submit notification

An application cannot be made by any premises that is subject to a premises licence under the Gambling Act 2005.

There is one application form for both a notification and application for a permit.

You can download the licensed premises gaming machine permit application form and, once completed, use our online form below to submit it and pay the fee of either £50 for a notification or £150 for a permit.

There is also an annual fee of £50 for the permit, due annually on the date the permit was granted.

For permits, our decision will be based on the guidance issued by The Gambling Commission.

You should allow 14 days for a notification to be processed and one month for a permit application.

Laws and regulation

Licensed Premises Gaming Machine Permits are issued under the Gambling Act 2005 and the Gambling Act 2005 (Licensed Premises Gaming Permits)(England and Wales) Regulations 2007.