Skip to main content

Temporary use notice

If you are a gambling operator and would like to use a premises temporarily to provide gambling, you must apply for a temporary use notice (TUN).

A TUN can be used to authorise temporary:

  • casinos
  • facilities for playing bingo
  • use of a gaming machines
  • other facilities for gaming
  • facilities for betting

You can use TUNs for up to 21 days in any 12 month period. A TUN must be submitted.

Submit a TUN

You must complete the application form and submit it to us at least 3 months before the gambling activity is to take place

In addition, you must also send a copy of the application, within 7 days, to:

  • the Gambling Commission
  • the Chief Officer of Police
  • HM Revenues and Customs
  • any other licensing authority in whose area the premises is situated

Use our online form below to submit your notice.

Laws and regulation

Temporary use notices can be submitted under the Gambling Act 2005.