Skip to main content

Acuity are carrying out tenant telephone surveys 9 to 21 May 2022 on our behalf. If you receive a call from Acuity the number displayed will be 01273 093939. See for more information

House to house collection permit

If you want to collect money or property, door to door, from houses or businesses, you will need a house to house collection permit.

If you are 16 or over you can apply or take part in a house to house collection.

Charities who hold an exemption issued to them by the Secretary of State do not need to apply for a house to house collection permit. A permit is also not needed if the Chief Constable of the Police for our area grants an Exemption Certificate.

You can apply to collect for a time of up to 12 months.

Once we have received and checked your application we will send you a:

  • permit
  • copy of the house to house regulations 1947
  • statement form

You must return the statement form to us no later than a month after your collection, completed with the amounts you have raised and any deductions.

Send the completed form to:

PO Box 866

We will issue your permit within 1 month.

Laws and regulation

House to house collection permits are issued under the House to House Collections Act 1939.