Unfortunately the sound quality issues we experienced earlier today have returned. We have escalated the original report to our telephony provider and they are working to resolve the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Local Plan Issues and Options consultation now live! Open from 13 January to 16 March. Have your say!

Pavement cafe permit

If you’d like to provide tables and chairs on a public road or pavement outside your premises, you’ll need a pavement café permit.

You’ll need to fill in a pavement café permit application and return it to us with:

  • public liability insurance certificate
  • the correct fee
  • a map of the proposed pavement café area at a scale of at least 1:1250

The fee to apply for a grant is £358. The fee for a renewal is £345. 

Send the completed form to:

PO Box 866

We’ll provide a notice that needs to be displayed prominently at the premises detailing the application. We will also send a copy of the notice and the application to consultees for their comments:

  • Wellington Town Council for any pavement cafes proposed in the Wellington area
  • the Highways Agency
  • our Environmental Protection 
  • Police
  • the Fire Authority

We allow 28 days from the date of your application for comments from the consultees or anyone else affected by the proposed pavement cafe.