Skip to main content

Street collection permit

You can collect money or sell items on behalf of a charity on any street or public place if you have the right permit. You must be aged over 18.

You don’t need a permit for collections on private property, such as in entrances to supermarkets. But you will need the landowner’s permission.

If you want to carry out doorstep collections, you will require a house to house collection permit.

It’s best to check with us first to make sure the dates you have in mind are available.

Once we have received and checked your application we will send you a:

  • permit
  • copy of the Street Collection Regulations
  • statement form

We will issue you a permit within one month.

You must return the completed statement form to us no later than a month after your collection. You need to fill in the amounts you have raised and any deductions.