SWT launches Covid Additional Relief Fund
03 August 2022 : Council news, Business
Somerset West and Taunton Council has been allocated Government funding to help businesses which did not benefit from any form of Covid relief in the last financial year.
The Covid Additional Relief Fund will focus on businesses that did not qualify for retail or nursery discount including factories, warehouses, offices and stores.
The Business Rates Relief can only be applied to charges for 2021/22 and the ratepayer must meet the following criteria:
- You were not eligible for Expanded Retail Discount or Nursey Discount
- You were not eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief at 100%
- You were not eligible for Mandatory Relief at 80% and Discretionary top up at 20%
- The property was occupied in 2021/22, any temporary closures due to Covid will be ignored for these purposes
- You were adversely affected by the pandemic and were unable to adequately adapt to that impact
- You are not subject to Subsidy Control
The Council has identified businesses across the district that could meet the criteria and is writing to them.
Anyone who thinks they are eligible should visit our website where details of the scheme and how to apply are available.