Wellington Park is a grade II listed formal Edwardian park. It covers 1.8 hectares and was sensitively restored in 2000, thanks to Heritage Lottery Funding.
Many of the original design features have been kept. The war memorial and toilet block were added later. The park has a ha-ha, bandstand, ornamental pond and floral bedding displays. Throughout the summer the park is used for a lively events programme organised by the Friends of Wellington Park, popular with local people and visitors.
How to get there
Via Courtland Road and Beech Grove, via steps from Recreation Ground.
Public toilets with disabled facilities, nearby children's play areas, skateboard ramp and recreation ground.
- Sunday 07:45:00 - 20:30:00
- Monday 07:45:00 - 20:30:00
- Tuesday 07:45:00 - 20:30:00
- Wednesday 07:45:00 - 20:30:00
- Thursday 07:45:00 - 20:30:00
- Friday 07:45:00 - 20:30:00
- Saturday 07:45:00 - 20:30:00