We can give you advice and information before you get started. We welcome and encourage discussions before you put in a planning application. This helps sort out problems early on.
Spending time and effort getting your scheme ready is more likely to result in good quality development and will also help us process your application quickly.
What we can do
The service will:
- provide detailed advice about design, building materials and advice on the national and local planning policies. This means better quality and quicker processing
- spot, and where possible, give advice on problems so you can make changes before you get to a formal stage
- guide you on what you need to provide with your application
- advise who else you need to speak to
- include a detailed written report and possibly a site meeting