Screening and scoping opinions
These are opinions issued by the planning authority under the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017.
A screening opinion states whether the Authority or Secretary of State considers that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) should be submitted for a future or current development proposal.
A scoping opinion refers to the range of issues which the Authority or Secretary of State considers should be contained in an EIA.
An EIA is subject to consultation with the Environment Agency and Natural England. Further information about what EIA is and the process that we have to follow is available on the Planning Practice Guidance.
- 08-20-0020 Local Centre Nerrols Drive 29 July 2020
- 14-20-0020 Watermain and Compound Creech Heathfield 23 June 2020
- 38-20-0085 19-26 North Street, Taunton 20 May 2020
- 38-20-0205 Scoping LDO Firepool Taunton 13 August 2020
- 38-20-0280 Trenchard Way Taunton 5 November 2020
- 43-20-0110 Nynehead Road Wellington 20 October 2020
- 46-20-0003 Foxmoor Business Park Wellington 26 February 2020
- EIA-32-20-001 Combwich to Hinkley Point C Cycle Route 4 December 2020