Bin collection days
You can find out when your bin and recycling collection days are and download your bin collection calendars.
Christmas trees: please home compost or take your undecorated tree to a recycling centre. Garden waste subscribers only can add their undecorated tree under 6ft to their garden waste collection from 7 January.
Standard collection services for most households, (excluding communal properties) with links to the Somerset Waste Partnership website guidance for each type of collection.
- Refuse – black wheeled bin: every two weeks*
- Recycling – green and black recycling boxes: weekly
- Food waste - brown kerbside lockable box; weekly
- Garden waste – green wheeled bin: every two weeks (subscription service)
* If your property is unsuitable for a wheeled bin (due to steps or lack of-road storage), up to four sacks of refuse will be taken each collection.
Where and when to put bins out
- Make sure all rubbish or recycling is placed inside the correct container
- Make sure the lid is closed on your black wheelie bin
- If you have forgotten to put your recycling or bin out for collection, put them out on your next collection date
- Put bins and recycling boxes out by 7am. They should be at the edge of your property and visible from the road
- Take your bin off the highway as soon as possible after the collection
Get help putting bins out
If you have mobility difficulties or impairments that mean you cannot carry containers to the kerbside, and there is no one in your household who can help you, we can arrange free assisted collections for recycling and refuse. Please use the general enquiries online form to let us know if you need help.
Share this page