The standard recycling collection service for most households (excluding communal properties) is weekly for recycling and food waste.
What is collected with Recycle More
Bright Blue Bag
- Plastic bottles – please rinse, squash, put caps and tops back on. Discard pumps and trigger sprays, e.g. from soap bottles and cleaning sprays.
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays – any colour.
- Tins and cans, steel or Aluminium, rinsed and squashed if possible – no need to remove labels – please place loose can lids inside squashed cans; all other metal items should be taken to any recycling site.
- Aluminium foil – rinsed and scrunched, not if plastic or paper backed.
- Aerosols – only recycle empty, and do not pierce or squash.
Food waste bin
- All food waste, cooked or raw.
Box 1 (usually green)
- Glass bottles and jars, rinsed and unbroken – no table or cook ware, put metal and plastic tops and lids back on.
- Cartons, such as Tetra Paks – please rinse, squash and put any caps back on.
Box 2 (usually black)
- Paper, newspapers, magazines, leaflets, directories, white envelopes (no need to remove windows) and other white paper.
- Cardboard that is brown corrugated, grey card, greetings cards and brown envelopes – please flatten. Small bits of card can be put into larger boxes before flattening – cut or tear up large pieces. Please remember, large boxes or large pieces should be taken to a recycling site and may not be collected at the kerbside.
Plastic bags (not black sacks)
- Small household batteries, in a small tied bag.
- Small electrical items (not TVs or monitors) – no bigger than carrier bag, in an untied bag (not black sack)