Redundancy support information for employers and employees
At Somerset West and Taunton Council we are fully committed to supporting our businesses and their employees, to help with expansion of the workforce or those facing redundancy situations.
Working with our partners, including the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Job Centre Plus (JCP) and Somerset County Council (SCC), we can offer a package of support including:
- Direct contact with our SWT Business Relationship Officer who will support your business throughout the process
- Provide a list of support agencies for employers and employees facing redundancy including a copy of our ‘Response to Redundancy Pack’
- Give advice on current free training for your workforce to help them develop skills for the future
- Embed wellbeing, mental health and citizen advice support
- Bespoke individual support via SWT Employment Hubs Facebook page.
- Community Employment Hub Flyer
When to contact us
If you are considering workforce redundancies or expansion, this is the time to get in touch so that we can help with your individual needs and requirements.
What to do next
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and request a telephone call or meeting.
Step up Somerset
Working with our partners across Somerset, we ensure that details of the latest employment, skills development and related support is available for you to explore. See the Step Up Somerset website.
Citizens Advice and Diversity Voice
Citizens Advice and Diversity Voice are working together to support the people of Somerset providing a range of support and advice including EUSS assistance. Interpreters are available who can translate various EU languages and can be reached through the following means:
More information on the EU Settlement Scheme.